Monday, June 27, 2011

June Insomnia Sketches | Brian Bowes

Hey All,

I wanted to share some of the sketches that I've been up to. Initially I was thinking about the "one sketch a week" option for June, but I ended up doing more than that. So, there will be more to come.

Due to technical difficulties, this is my first post for June (and it's what day again....) anyway, here is a sampler of what has been going on in my sketchbooks these days.

These first drawings at the top here are from a day trip that some friends and I did to an animal sanctuary. These two drawings were the ones that I liked from all that were made there. While I am developing a pension for badgers, I have to admit that the "Black Crowned Night Heron" has a way cooler name. He also has piercing red eyes, which I don't mind saying are a bit disconcerting as he stares into your soul while you're trying to make a drawing.

In a different vein, I've been working out some sketches which are pretty much like Saturday morning cartoons for the 8 year old that lives inside me. So, in a Ray Harryhausen-esque way, we have the "Cyclops vs. the Air Ship."

Followed by "Admiral Ackbar's cousin, The Coral with Eyes, and The Hive" coming soon to a theater near you...


So, til next time,
Cheers,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment